Calvary Christian College is a renowned Christian learning institution whose mission is set on developing future leaders of integrity.
Since the Primary School was established in 1986; Calvary has grown in leaps and bounds and recorded notable and exceptional academic excellence through the years. We have earned a praiseworthy reputation for placing our learners at the core of our academic activities and forming them as individuals towards Christian leadership.
Apart from our academic achievements and credentials, we are conveniently located for easy access by learners and parents alike around the communities of Walkerville, Lenasia, Meredale, Mondeor, Ridgeway, Winchester Hills and Eldorado Park.
We are also two kilometers away from Southgate and a mere 6 kilometers from Soweto. For ease of transportation, there is a municipal bus service which passes in front of the school.
Blended Learning brings two different worlds together
Blended learning is the name given to schooling that incorporates both classroom teaching and online learning. We are proud to be able to present this to our learners at the school.
For us at Calvary, we need to embrace blended learning to prepare our learners for the real world: For example, the COVID crisis forced employees to work from home. Universities are conducting teaching online. The world is going this way and inevitably, learners have to adapt.
We recognise that God created us as social beings and there is a very real need to interact with other people. So presenting face to face classroom teaching and combining that with online learning, is the most favourable solution for our learners.
Our teachers are all skilled at functioning on the Google Suite Platform therefore are able to teach and communicate with our learners.
Developing future leaders of integrity.
Calvary Christian College is a uniquely situated, Bible-based primary and high school, which serves to glorify God by disciplining children through individual learning towards Christian leadership.
Registration and Accreditation
Calvary Christian College was established in 1986 and officially registered with the Education Department in 1989. (EMIS Number 100111708)
Calvary Christian College is registered as a non-profit organisation (NPO number 052-733) as well as a public benefit organisation (PBO 930021703)
Calvary is affiliated to the Independent Schools Association of South Africa (ISASA), and the Southern African Christian Schools' Sport Association (SACSSA). Our grade 12s write the Independent Examination Board (IEB) examinations since 2010 we have achieved a 100% matric pass with the IEB.
The best place to learn Leadership, values and principles is at school. In a world and country that is characterised by negative and weak leadership, we cultivate strong values through biblical teaching and leadership through courses, particularly in grades 10 and 11.
Statement of Faith
Here is a summary of the essentials of our faith – of what Calvary Christian Church and College
believe, hold to and live:-
1. We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament in their original writing as fully
inspired by God and accept them as the supreme and final authority for faith in life.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing as three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Father, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of
the virgin Mary and is both true God and true man.
4. We believe that God created man in His own image, that man sinned and thereby incurred the
penalty of sin which is death, both physical and spiritual.
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, a substitutionary sacrifice according to
the Scriptures and that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood.
6. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus, His ascension into heaven and His
present life as our High Priest and Advocate.
7. We believe in the personal return of the Lord Jesus.
8. We believe that all who repent of their sin and receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born
again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
9. We believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit, empowering and equipping believers for service,
with the accompanying supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit and in the fellowship with the
Holy Spirit. We believe in the ministries of the apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor and
10. We believe in the resurrection of both the just and the unjust, the eternal blessedness of the
redeemed and the eternal banishment from the presence of God, of those who have rejected
the offer of salvation in Jesus Christ.
11. We believe that the one true Church is the whole company of those who have been redeemed
by Jesus Christ, that the new birth and personal confession of Christ are an essential part of
12. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ appointed two ordinances – baptism in water and the
Lord & supper (communion). These are to be observed as acts of obedience and as a
perpetual witness. Baptism is the immersion of the believer in water as a confession of
identification with Christ in burial and resurrection. The Lord & supper or communion is the
partaking of the emblems symbolic of the Saviour & broken body and shed blood, in
remembrance of His sacrificial death, until He comes again.
13. We believe that deliverance and divine healing was provided for in both the Old and New
Testaments and is an integral part of the gospel.
14. We believe in heterosexual covenant relationships between a natural man and a natural
woman within the confines of lawful matrimony.
15. We believe the Bible teaches that without holiness, no man can see the Lord. We believe in
the doctrine of sanctification as an immediate fact when we are born-again and yet it is an
16. We believe in the principle of being in authority because you are under authority. As such, it is
understood that church membership shall be subject to submission to authority in matters
pertaining to church governance, doctrine and personal behaviour.
17. We believe that tithing is a minimum requirement in terms of our giving to the Lord and the
18. We believe in the priesthood of all believers.
19. We believe that parents are the primary agents through whom God works in the lives of
children, that parents must train up their children in the ways of the Lord, without abusing
their rights and that children must learn to be obedient to their parents.
We are open to other truths which the Holy Spirit may illuminate from Scripture and we pray that
God will give us grace to be open to receive His truth.
Calvary Christian College would like to emphasise that should parents/guardians not fully endorse
the Statement of Faith, then it is better that their child not attend this school.